Friday, May 1, 2009

Eggs-tra Fun Easter!

I am finally getting Easter pictures up. All my friends had their Easter pictures on their blogs or Facebook the day of or at least the day after Easter. It's been 3 weeks, and I am just now getting mine on here. How do you like that? I am so on top of things it's scary. (This is where I would insert a smiley face if they had that option on here.)
If you have cheated and scrolled down a little, you are wondering what the picture of Max and Evie have to do with Easter. I am here to tell you absolutely nothing except they were taken the day before Easter when we were getting mentally prepared to dye eggs. We hadn't even boiled the eggs by this point, but we were working our way up to that.
Isn't Max a sweetie? He was actually trying to steal some goldfish, but he is fascinated with Evie. He loves to check her over then sit right in front of her and entertain her.
As you can see, Max loves John Reagan too. John Reagan very much loves Max and knows how to wear him down.
How sweet! Max is a good babysitter.
We did get around to dying Easter eggs...at 9:00 at night. Shameful! This was John Reagan's first time dying Easter eggs. He had lots of fun playing in the dye.
Daddy was a big helper. I think he had as much fun as John Reagan. I know I did!
I always help serve lunch after the Sunday morning Easter service, so Daddy and the kiddos are on their own for about an hour. Seeing as how we aren't morning people and getting up on a Sunday morning (can you believe) is a stretch for us, we never get pictures of outfits before church. Side note here, we go to Saturday night church. We don't just skip out every Sunday. Anyway, I instructed Daddy to get pictures of John Reagan and Evie in their Easter outfits, and what you see below is the result.

I know you can't tell a whole lot about Evie's outfit and can only tell a little regarding John Reagan's. But we have to cut Daddy a little slack. John Reagan had a break down after church because he had to leave Mommy behind. By the time they left the parking lot, the break down continued because of something else. He was so tired. Needless to say, the story I heard was that screaming and battling went on for an hour. I have to consider myself blessed that Daddy got these 2 pictures.
After Mommy got done with helping, we headed over to some friends house. There are a few of us families in small group that do not have family living around here, so we all got together for Easter lunch. We had lots of fun, and I have to say THANK YOU to Nicole for such a great job on Easter lunch and for the invite. John Reagan went on his first Easter Egg Hunt this year too. No, we don't deprive our children. He was too young up to this point, and it is a lot of work to get eggs dyed, hidden, and hunted for only 1 child. Greg said after the Easter Egg Hunt that it was quite interesting. Daddy and Abby pointed out all of his eggs to him because he didn't know what he was doing.
I know Auntie Marla is loving these two pictures since she is the one who gave him this Easter basket.
Here are the 3 little chicks after their Easter Eggstravaganza! John Reagan, Abby, and Matthew...aren't they adorable?
Abby was so cute helping John Reagan look for his eggs.
Since Evie didn't get to join in the Easter Egg Hunt, I figured I would leave you with an adorable picture of her. Kristin, I was going to put the picture of you and Evie on here but decided to cut you some slack. I remembered all the flack I caught for the Thanksgiving picture.
Evie wasn't all alone at Easter. Big man Caleb was there to entertain her, and they had lots of fun together. We might have to watch those 2 a little closer when they get older.
We hope you all had a great Easter.
Thanks again to the Wards, Amaro's, and Koffman's for enhancing our Easter celebration this year.

1 comment:

Kristin Amaro said...

Good job, Brandi - you are finally getting the idea about the picture thing (ie, post pics of me and suffer the consequences - LOL). We had a great time at Easter as well...fun, fun!!

I was wondering if all of Greg's dyed eggs came out purple and yellow...??