Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Little Extra

Woohoo! I am catching up. I see the light...the light at the end of the tunnel. I am actually going to finish out the month of April with this post. Yay me!
So if you haven't heard yet, John Reagan loves to play in my make-up and hair stuff. I have some hair bands (don't have a clue what they are really called) that he likes to put on all the time. Here is the classic with the gum in his mouth. I have lots of pictures like this but can never resist taking another when he puts it in his hair. Cracks me up every time.
John Reagan has been doing great with his potty training, and we told him if he poo-pooed in the potty, he could get Lady. Lady is from "Thomas the Train," and she is electric. When Daddy took John Reagan to get Lady, Wal-Mart was out. What a shock! On their way through the toy aisles, John Reagan spotted some foam swords. Thanks to "Peter Pan" he decided the swords would do the job. Needless to say, he has had a blast with them, and we got off cheaper with them. I tried to take a picture that wasn't blurry. FYI...he ATTACKS Daddy and anyone in his way for that matter.
Still on John Reagan...he is at such a fun age. He occasionally wants us to put Evie in his lap. Here is the most recent of these occurrences. She looks as big as him. Her one leg is as big as his 2 put together. Maybe not, but almost!
Finally something about Evie...her hair has been long enough for rollers for about 6 months now. It took me that long to work up the incentive to pay for them even though I knew I would get my money's worth. Evie girl sure does look cute with her rollers in her hair and even cuter when we take them out.
Thought you might like to see a little of the face.
Greg has had some motorcycle helmets in the garage for at least 2 1/2 years now. Thank you MTA. (In case you didn't catch it, I am being a tad sarcastic.) While the tornado was jumping our house, he thought about the helmets and how they would be good to keep around for John Reagan and Evie in the event of another tornado. You know the statistics say most people die from head injuries in bad weather. Needless to say, Greg got one of the helmets out the other day and put it on John Reagan. Too cute! John Reagan thought he was such a big boy walking around with it on his head.

Children are the greatest entertainment.
Now that I have gotten this done, I am back on top of things. Hallelujah!! I hate being behind on something.
Even though blogging can be a hassle sometimes, I feel it is worth my while when I get it done because I would never write these things down in a book. At least John Reagan and Evie will know more about the things that went on when they were growing up, and I don't have to tell the same story over a hundred times. That calls for another Hallelujah!
One last thing about Evie, she has 6 teeth now...4 on top, 2 on bottom. Be sure not to stick your finger in her mouth.

1 comment:

Kristin Amaro said...

Great idea on the helmets! I need to get a few of those...

That sweet girl looks so precious with those curlers - those foamies bring back alot of memories. I remember sleeping in them at night and waking up in the morning with such a tender head!! Speaking of which, poor Abby had some serious tender head when I took all those bands out on crazy hair day!