Sunday, March 22, 2009

On Our Way to LA

How do you like my rhyming abilities?
The title has absolutely nothing to do with this blog, but I figured I could use it since I planned to mention that we are leaving Tuesday for LA. Therefore, you can expect a hiatus for at the bare minimum of a week and a half. Not that a week and a half hiatus is anything unusual. At least I have an excuse now.
With all that said, I will move on now. John Reagan has done absolutely EXCELLENT since Evie has entered our family. We have not had any major issues with jealousy or anything. Hallelujah. However, if he sees Evie getting a good bit of attention for something, he does it too...including hair barrettes. Since he knows where we keep the barrettes, he likes to go get them and wants us to put them in his hair. He has not learned that moderation is the key when is comes to fixing your hair. Too funny, especially since Evie can't even wear these particular ones yet.
Since Evie has experienced the taste of "adult" food, she wants it, whatever it may be, any time you are eating. And I mean she wants it. As a bargaining tool, I fixed chocolate chip cookies for Daddy one night (his favorite). Needless to say, Miss Priss screamed and screamed until she got her "own very" as John Reagan would say it. I think the picture says it all. Definitely Daddy's girl!
Back to the hair bows...this picture is for Auntie Marla who has bought half of Evie's hair bows. The other half...Fifi! I just love it!!
We took this picture after bath time the other night to commemorate Evie's growth. The first time we used this towel we couldn't find Evie in it because she was so small. Now we can't wrap the towel around her because she is so big. It's amazing how fast they grow.
John Reagan and "THE" cowboy hat. Do I need to say anymore? Even when playing basketball he can't separate from it. It's not so bad that he has to sleep in it, Thank God!
Plum Tuckered Out! She held out as long as she could. And yes Kristen, IT IS a LSU blanket. Evie has her own pink LSU blanket, but John Reagan's was on hand.
Amazing...not just one short and sweet blog, but two in a row! Is this a miracle or what? I will make up for it when we return from our trip. Have a great week!
Brandi

2 comments:

Kristin Amaro said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute. That pic of John Reagan with the barrettes is the BEST! And...nice blanket. I'm wondering if the kids have LSU underpants too? HA!

Now that I live in "the south" I have to get used to people meaning Louisiana when they say "LA". You know, as a California girl, LA meant Los Angeles.

Anonymous said...

have fun at home!