Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's Evie's is John Reagan's

From the moment we started bringing baby things in the house for Evie, we knew she would only know the life of sharing. I have said from Day 1 that until she has some seriously girly toys (and even then possibly), she will never know what it is to have her own toy or anything for that matter, except clothes. John Reagan has never worn her pink stuff.
So I am devoting this blog to the things that Evie has to share with John Reagan, starting with the bouncy seat.

Don't they look comfortable?


The carseat!


You would think John Reagan wouldn't be able to sit in her carseat. Think Again! Thank God John Reagan thinks his big boy carseat is better.




The bumbo!

I don't know how John Reagan gets into this thing, but his legs look long in it. In this picture he is watching "the big tv" and "the dv payer" at the same time. How do you like those skills? This was Evie's first time to sit in her bumbo. In John Reagan's defense, it was his first, then we passed it to Kenden, and now back to Evie.



Finally, the swing!

I can't believe the only picture I have of Evie in her swing is her first baby food. It took me a while to get John Reagan, but about a month ago, he was screaming "Dad, Dad!" Greg ran down the stairs to find John Reagan in the swing. He had locked himself in and needed help getting out. He even likes for us to turn it on so he can swing from side to side.

I sure am glad Pawcaw and Nana are coming up for Thanksgiving. They can swing John Reagan outside on his swing set till his heart's content.

I thought I would add a few more of my favorite pictures from the past few days. I used to think I didn't take enough pictures; however, since I have started this blog, I have decided I take too many pictures. The problem is we never get any pictures of us or other family because we are too busy getting ones of John Reagan and Evie. My holiday picture collection is lacking. We are usually too busy eating or opening presents.

On that note, John Reagan hasn't cared much about holding Evie since she was about a month old. He used to say everyday "see Evie" which meant he wanted to hold Evie. I guess it was Friday when I was sitting on the couch holding Evie and loving on her when John Reagan climbed up beside me and said "See Evie." At this point, she is almost too big for his lap. I let him try to hold her anyway. It wasn't as easy as when she was a few weeks old.

Greg was upstairs working, so I had to help John Reagan hold Evie and try to get a picture at the same time. I couldn't pass on the picture though because he was being so sweet loving on her. If you can't tell, John Reagan hadn't been up for long, hence the hair sticking out.

John Reagan is such a sweet big brother. He always wants to check on Evie, and he is constantly in her face. She doesn't know the definition of personal space.

Greg was trying to take care of Evie here when John Reagan and Duchess decided he needed some help. Good thing we only have 2 kids. Another one wouldn't fit in his lap. Good thing Max is outside too. That would make for an interesting picture, along with an interesting night.

We decided we needed to give Evie some more bumbo time during the day because she loves to sit up. Here was our first attempt at that. She did great. She stayed in it for quite a while, and she had some good entertainment too.

I love this look on John Reagan's face. He cracks me up.

They both like them some Blue's Clues!

On a picture note, 2 weeks and family pictures will be in. Then the pig's rear will lose top status. I needed something besides a blank face for the blog follower picture.
Jon, I am afraid to hand over the username and password to the blog. Once we unleash Greg, there is no telling what he will do.
Brandi







2 comments:

Kristin Amaro said...

CLASSIC!! These pics are great - Abby thinks John Reagan is SILLY!

Brandi Hasley said...

John Reagan thinks that about Abby, especially after all the videos we've seen.