Thursday, November 20, 2008

Randomness

It was a sad day today in the Hasley House.
We had to say goodbye to Fifi. We got up early (for us) and drove Fifi to the airport. John Reagan was so excited about seeing airplanes. Of course he didn't understand that Fifi was leaving him to get on one of those airplanes. He cried when Fifi said bye. It was so pitiful watching the crocodile tears stream down his face. He kept saying "Where Fifi goin'? I want to go see Pawpaw. Go to Weisiana. Where my Fifi go?" Thank God he fell asleep in about 20 minutes. When he woke up, he got to see some cows and horses, so he recouped pretty fast. Unfortunately mommy and daddy haven't. We sure did enjoy our time with Fifi; after all, she was here almost 2 weeks between baby dedication and surgery. Poor Fifi couldn't win for losing though. When she left Louisiana Breyden cried. When she left Tennessee John Reagan cried.
The bad news is I didn't get any pictures with Fifi for the week and two days she was here. Of course that could be because she hardly ever sat down between diaper changes, cooking, cleaning, washing, and whatever else I can't think of right now. John Reagan and Evie wore her and Greg out one day with around 6-8 poopy diapers between the 2 of them. I sure did enjoy the diaper changing break. I asked Fifi yesterday if she wanted to stay on as the permanent diaper changer with pay. She said she didn't think so. Imagine my disappointment.
We did hate to see her go. Thanks Mom for all the help. Despite the fact that you think we could have done it without you, we couldn't have. Greg would have been bald-headed before Thursday was over with...not even 24 hours of me being home. I can just see the look now that I would have gotten anytime I would have said anything to Greg. We were cranky enough with help. We can't say enough THANKS!!

Since I am too lazy to bring the camera upstairs and download some pictures tonight, I am pursuing randomness. The pictures below are ones that I wanted to add before I went into the hospital, but they didn't fit in with our LENGTHY story last time.

John Reagan likes to think it is Halloween any day of the year. Actually, he likes to play in my make-up. I haven't unpacked my make-up bag from when we were in Louisiana last. He will get it out of the bathroom, run to the stairs with the whole bag, and play with the eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Doesn't he do well at fixing his face?

Evie was sacked out. There was no waking her this night. I don't know how comfortable that is, but she sure is enjoying her time on Daddy's shoulder.


Evie's first dirty face! We tried some baby food because she wasn't sleeping as well through the night as she had been with just the cereal bottle. She loves some sweet potatoes! You would have thought she had been eating them all along. You can forget the sweet peas though...sure hope Caleb likes them since we passed 3 servings on to Meredith.


Probably 90 percent of the pictures I have of Greg and John Reagan (when he was a baby) are of both of them or at least one of them sleeping. I figured I better get a few of Daddy and Evie resting. The problem is Greg always wakes up to the flash popping up, so I never get him good and asleep. I am going to one day. He says he has to approve all pictures that go on the blog or Facebook before I put them on there, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. I also benefit from the fact that he doesn't know the email and password to sign in on here. He can't delete them...haha!

This picture was all the way back in September. Mommy was tired and needed a rest. Apparently so did John Reagan. I think this is my only nap since Evie arrived, but of course Daddy was home this day and got a picture of it. My little buddy is so sweet. When he was a baby, he always knew when Greg was home or when he was on the road. The days Greg would go on the road, John Reagan would sleep late and let me rest. When Greg was home, he always got up early with Greg. I shouldn't say with Greg because he would get Greg up. Duchess gets her first cameo on the blog! Now I just have to get Max on here somewhere.


This picture is also from September, the 5th. Greg wasn't feeling well this day, and he was complaining of being cold and having the chills. I came downstairs to find him all snuggled up in winter clothes and the thickest blanket we have. John Reagan was perched on Daddy taking very good care of him. He always hangs around and loves on us when we aren't feeling well. He is such a lovable little boy. Good thing Greg isn't up here checking out what I am doing. He would thoroughly object to this picture...lol! I love it.

1 comment:

Kristin Amaro said...

Love the pictures!! I WAS going to give you a hard time about posting pictures of Greg even after he asked to approve them. However - what's that saying about throwing stones in a glass house?? :) Enjoying the blog...See you tomorrow!