Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Music II

Thanks for the advice, Kelsey, on the help site. I actually had used that article and a similar one with the first music, but the problem all along has been that the particular song I wanted is not on a constant live stream on the internet. I had to download it to get it going period. So I was trying to record it in RealPlayer or something similar to see if I could get it to play on the blog. Needless to say, it is hopeless at this point. Therefore, I went ahead and chose some different songs that I can embed. HEADACHE! And a waste of my weekend. If I would have forgotten the first song and done it through playlist in the first place, I would have been done in a matter of 30 minutes instead of 3 days.

This is where I blame it all on Greg. When he came up with the blog name, he wanted to put some bluegrass music in the background. Naturally I agreed. We have been in search of the perfect bluegrass music. The music choice changed to Zydeco when we had our small group social this month that was based on Cajun food. We tried to download some good ole' Cajun music for the event. As a result, I decided I liked the idea of Cajun music on the blog versus bluegrass. In search of the perfect Cajun instrumental, I ran across the "Dularge Waltz." We loved it and thought it was perfect. Never mind that there is only one website in the entire google network that has the song. That should have been hint number one. Hint number two was that on the artist's website, he didn't even have the song listed. What is that all about? So now we have you some good ole', classic Hank Williams, Sr. Can you tell we are from LA with our first two choices here? Only to follow that up with one of the most traditional hymns ever written. This is Greg's favorite hymn, and I had looked it up before I decided on "Louisiana Saturday Night" and Greg decided on "Jambalaya." I couldn't resist leaving "How Great Thou Art" though because we both love the way this guy performs it. If you haven't figured it out yet, I grew up Methodist; hence, the traditional hymn. I just love 'em. Bet you didn't have me pegged for that one! Mom, I am sure you are extra thankful that we decided to pass on the bluegrass.

So enjoy the music. I did work hard on it! And did lose a few hairs over it! I am still leaving the "Dularge Waltz" on the blog though. Listen to it on occassion for me please.

Brandi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love it!

-Jon

Brandi Hasley said...

Thanks man!