Sunday, August 21, 2011

Growing Up!

My little buddy is growing up!

Sniff, sniff.

John Reagan had his first official day of Kindergarten on Friday.




We were rushed in our picture taking thinking we were running behind, but it turned out we were just fine. And if you are wondering, yes they have to wear "uniforms" down here.

John Reagan did great! He was very excited about his first day, and he seemed to like his teacher very much. He even gave her a hug when we picked him up.

Evie on the other hand was a different story. I did fine until we left him. On the way home I wanted to fall apart but couldn't because Evie girl was on the verge of falling apart. She was so upset that her brother was at school and not at home with her. She had crocodile tears that she was fighting to keep in. Needless to say they played very well together when brother got home. As soon as we got in the car when picking John Reagan up, Evie quickly told him she missed him. I love their relationship, even though we are at the "brother irritates the mess out of sister" stage.
I am thankful for healthy children who are growing like they are supposed to, but it is sad to me that we have hit the school years. I feel like we are already sending him off into the world. The past five years have flown by.

No comments: