Monday, June 1, 2009

Is It Blog Worthy?

When I started this blog, I had it all planned out. I would post when the kiddos did something adorable and when I had pictures that showed what was going on with them. I would talk about trips to LA and our times when company came to visit...things like that. I never really think beyond those points in my head. As I am writing this, there are several things that come to mind that I could have put on here but never thought about.
So my question to you is, "What is blog worthy?"
Apparently I need to let Greg in on the planning a little more. Twice in the past week he has said to me, "You need to put that on the blog." "Okay, I probably should put that on there," is what goes through my mind. The first suggestion: our ER visit. The second suggestion came Friday night.
John Reagan has been doing extremely well with potty training. He has the tee-tee part down pat. When he needs to go, he heads to his potty, pulls his "cars" (pull-up) down, potties, then decides whether he wants his big boy underwear on or a "cars" back on. He then goes and gets what piece of under"clothing" he wants and brings to us. Mind you, all this usually takes place without us even knowing. He runs up to us, "I tee-teed in the potty. I need a M & M now." He has even done #2 in the potty 3 times this past week. Yay! We are so excited. We aren't 100% there but almost.
One night he wanted to wear his big boy underwear to bed. We said, "That's fine!" He's been waking up with his pull-up dry every morning for a while now. At 1:00 a.m. he is standing in the hallway with wet underwear. No big deal, he can come to bed with us, and we'll wash the sheets in the morning. Well, Friday night he decided he wanted to try the big boy underwear at bedtime again. He fell asleep in my lap, and I held him a little while before I took him to his bed. All of a sudden, I feel a warming sensation going down my leg. Oh yes! The child peed all over me and the couch. As I am gasping at the realization of what is taking place, Greg is over there laughing. Two seconds later he says, "You need to put that on the blog!" Of course he thinks that. He's not the one who got peed on. If it would have been him, I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it, and he never would have suggested it. On another note, I am glad Evie is still in diapers because I am little gun shy about getting tinkled on now. I was holding her last night and felt the warming again. I immediately started feeling of my leg before I came to my senses and realized the diaper caught it. The joys of potty training. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for potty training. I just wish it would all land in the potty.
By now you know me, and you know I can't end a blog without leaving you something to look at. Here are a few random pictures of John Reagan and Evie playing outside.
We have FINALLY convinced him it is better to use the pedals.

John Reagan wanted some Daddy time. Who cares if Daddy is reading!
I sure hope you at least got a good smile at my expense. Maybe some laughter.
I just remembered something else about the potty training that I know you will love. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday night, John Reagan poo-pooed in his "cars," and he ran to the potty. He pulled his "cars" off, dumped most of the poo-poo in the potty, went and got a wipe, and decided to try and wipe himself. I am sure you can guess how that went. He had it all over his hand and rear. Mommy got the privilege of cleaning that up. I would complain a little more about this potty business if Greg didn't always clean up what comes out of the other end. Since he cleans up the furniture and carpet when John Reagan is sick, I think I can handle the rest. I would RATHER handle the rest.
Have you had your share of Too Much Information yet, or do I need to continue? Is this blog worthy or are you better off not hearing this?

3 comments:

Kristin Amaro said...

I LOVE it.....this is real life, my friends - completely blog-worthy in my opinion!!! I do have to say, I almost peed myself reading that bit about John Reagan peeing on you...HA! Greg's response even put me more over the edge...

thanks for sharing!

k

Rutledge 7 said...

It is a blog must! Have to love the "real life" stuff! Also, didn't know about the kitten, very cute!

Bee said...

I love it! I can just see your face when the tee-tee hit the fan! HA!!!