Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life in the Slow Lane

Life has finally slowed down a little bit here at the Hasley house. What a blessing it is to get a little rest. We have even had to entertain ourselves on occasion because we don't know what to do with the spare time. Too bad we don't always use it wisely. I know all the blogging I have been doing is good proof of our somewhat leisurely days. What can I say? With two kids the housework is enough to keep anyone busy. Just to be clear, I am referring to Greg and John Reagan. Evie is not quite messing up anything yet, except bottles and diapers. And you know...mommies don't make messes, least of all this one...lol! Don't I wish!
Below is a compilation of our past couple of weeks. I think I ended the last blog with John Reagan marking on Evie's face. I took a couple of pictures to capture the moment.
How do like the "hand-y" work?
I'm wondering if the markers taste good too.

I tried to get a picture of Evie's "marker" face, but she was a little hard seeing as how I am not tall enough when standing over the changing table. Where was Daddy?


As you all know by now, John Reagan is a fan of cowboy hats. He also is fond of Daddy's fax machine. I don't know what it is about the cord off the phone, but he loves to play with it. I don't think he knows a whole lot about roping, but he seems to have the general idea down.

When I have to pull double diaper duty, I always change Evie first and put her in her crib while I change John Reagan, who seems to think it is a great opportunity to get in and play with her. He can never resist. As soon as I am done with his diaper he always says, "I want to get in Evie's bed." This is a picture for the "What's Evie's is John Reagan's blog!" I am beginning to think I should have waited on that blog post. It was his bed first though. Speaking of diaper duty, John Reagan is showing great signs of potty training. Be praying! PLEASE!


Evie has recently graduated from being fed in the swing to eating in the high chair. She got her first taste of a biter biscuit about 2 weeks ago. She loves them, and I am not sure if it for the taste or because she can handle them herself. She thinks we should let her feed herself with the spoon already. This wasn't the best picture I had, but I couldn't resist the feet hanging out of those awesome pants. How adorable!

Of course John Reagan always has to get in the mix when the camera comes out. Thank God for super fast cameras or Evie would never have a picture by herself. I think I am probably just a tad partial, but I think these are two of the most adorable babies.

As is typical of John Reagan, he had the markers out and got them on his hands. So when I went to take this picture of that oh so very fashionable belt he has on, he thought I was trying to get a picture of his hands. That is why the hands are all up in this picture. FYI...I have thrown away every marker I have found in this house whether it worked or not. I am still finding them though.


I think this is my most favorite picture of all the ones I have of Evie. She was acting a little sleepy on this night, but while she was in her saucer she was watching tv and talking up a storm. She was so into the show that I thought she was sitting there watching it. I decided to check on her and discovered that she had fallen asleep. She looked so sweet that I couldn't resist taking a picture before I put her in bed.

Speaking of tv...here are my little watchers. They know how to get into a show. From the sound of this blog, we need to turn the television off for a little while. The warm weather needs to stick around so John Reagan can go outside more.

Oh yes, this is Evie's tv watching!

Well, if all the new blog posts on here (haha) aren't hint enough of how quiet it has been around here, then this post should do the trick. For once you didn't get a full novel in one post. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hal-le-lu-jah!You don't have to celebrate for too long now.

Love, Brandi

2 comments:

Kristin Amaro said...

Love the new "embellishments" on the blog!! By the way - I was under the impression that Greg is very clean and tidy. Are you fibbin'? LOL.

Love the pics too - you need to keep your camera pointed on those cute kids and stop taking pictures of 37 year old women who don't want their picture taken.

:)

Brandi Hasley said...

Greg says he is very clean and tidy. I'm just going to say that in our last house Greg had his own bathroom vanity completely away from mine, and I was in heaven because I didn't have to look at it. However, he does have his own closet in this house, so I have to say that is even better. Making a mental note here for the next house...own vanity, own closet.

On the pictures, don't worry! I have lots more of the kiddos that 37 year old women. It's just so much fun taking those pics though.