Sunday, January 17, 2010

Milestones

Most everyone believes the new year means a new beginning. I never really thought much on this philosophy until this year. I think it finally hit home with me this new year. I am usually not so slow, but I tell you here lately I feel my mind can't keep up. However, this philosophy does bother me a little. As a believer in Jesus, we can have a new beginning every day. A new beginning is not set aside just for the new year. Thank God for that! I have definitely been in need of a new beginning on a daily basis.
We do have a couple of milestones ahead of us to look forward to. I should say I have a couple of milestones to look forward to. Greg has been plunging forward from day 1 of the move. Being a man he says God told us to move and that's that. No worries, no sorrows, just move on. Why can't women be like occasionally. Notice "occasionally."
This will Part 1 of a 3 part series on our milestones ahead. I can tell you that Part 2 will come next week because we should know absolutely 100% by then what we will be doing about a house. Yea! It is about time. We are 14 days shy of being at my parents for 5 months. Can you believe it? Five months! It doesn't feel like it has been that long.
Part 3 should follow the week after, but I am giving NO hints on the matter.
Part 1:
John Reagan started Mommy's Day Out Thursday. It is more like a 2-day-a-week preschool because they work on letters, numbers, cutting, manners, opposites, and everything you can imagine along with bible verses and songs. I knew he would cry when we dropped him off but once he got into it he would be fine. Well, it was horrible. He just kept clinging to Greg and me and crying and wanting us to stay. Of course when I went to pick him up his teacher said he did great. He talked all about it and said he had lots of fun and has been saying he is ready to go back. We call it school because he has been wanting to go to school like big cousin Breyden.
Mommy is having the hardest time with it. I always knew I loved having my baby here with me, but now I am feeling the full effect of it. I can't believe he is old enough to be going to school, and starting preschool in August. Didn't we just bring him home? Where does the time go? I am NOT ready for what is ahead. Lord, prepare me!
Now, for the grand news...Hallelujah! My mother got Hughes Net the other day...satellite internet along with a wireless router. I can actually blog whenever I want, on my own computer, without having to go to someone else's house. How amazing! Can you tell I am excited? I have been having FUN playing on the internet for the past day. More like catching up!
Jumping tracks on you, I think my pictures are all out of order below, but I know you don't care.
I just love this picture. Cracks me up! Definitely their favorite activity if you look through our photo album.

We were trying Evie's new hair barrettes one night, and John Reagan wanted to try one in his hair.


Wild Hair, Momma! She woke up like this one morning.


John Reagan's first LSU hat!


Silly Boy!

Again with the favorite activity!

Sitting in the middle of Pawpaw and Fifi's breakfast table.


By the way, we are jealous of all the snow you Tennesseans got. Of course it waits till we move to drop down 6-7 inches. We know you all thoroughly enjoyed it!
One last note in case you are wondering...
this blog is being posted on February 6th; however, because I downloaded the pictures in January, the date on the blog says January. Blogger needs to fix that.

1 comment:

Kristin Amaro said...

Loved this post! Can't wait to hear about the last milestone. I'm guessing you are pregnant....??? :)

Why are all the Greg pictures of him sleeping? LOL.

Glad to hear about your Internet situation! Looking forward to more posts & pictures...
lots of love!
k