Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Catching Up

Are you ready for this?
I think the title speaks for itself, and all of you faithful followers know how long my blogs can be. I will try to keep it short and sweet for you...minimal talking, tons of pictures. The goods news is the camera has not been in as much use as is typical for it. This is where you pause, raise your hands, and say Hallelujah!
On with the show...
The weekend before we moved we visited with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Gordon in Bellevue. In an attempt to lessen the load for you I only put my FAVORITE picture on here from that visit. I just love it because it is typical of my boys...silliness.
My grandmother wasn't able to make the Friday visit, so we went to see her on Sunday. It was kind of sad because when we went to leave she kept hugging me. She hugged me and the kiddos as much as she could as if to say this might be the last time we see her. I am sure we will see her again, but I think she was worried we would do like her sons and not make it back up to Tennessee. Can't wait to head up there to see her again. John Reagan has been missing her.
On to Louisiana...
My mom has a large whirlpool bathtub, and John Reagan loves taking a bath in it. Poor Mom, I know she will be glad when we move out, so she can take a bath in peace.
Our first big laundry day John Reagan found a pair of Greg's ankle socks. Seeing as how we had just been shopping with Breyden for his soccer sheen guards, John Reagan decided to get creative. He put Greg's socks on, pulled them up as far as they would go, and said he was ready to play soccer.
When we go to Auntie Marla's, Evie has her own special booster chair. She thinks it is great fun, and this is how we found her one night. She sure looks comfortable with still only 8 teeth. When is the child going to get more teeth?
On our way to visit Uncle Brad, Kenden and Evie caught their cat naps. I couldn't get a picture of Breyden and John Reagan piled up in the back.
The great thing about our move is John Reagan has been able to spend a great deal of time with his cousins, Breyden and Kenden. They have had lots of fun, and all three sleep like logs when the day is done. Here is John Reagan and Breyden in their matching Christmas pj's from last year. Cowboy Up!
We have had the privilege of seeing Tennessee friends already. Rusty and Elizabeth had a trip planned to Mississippi about 3 weeks after we moved. What a double blessing for us since they brought a load of things to us that we had to leave behind. I have already blocked that move out of my mind. What a mess! Back on track...what a blessing to see them so quickly. We were ready and glad to see them too.

Rusty bought cookies for the whole bunch, and let me tell you...the kids had fun eating the X-LARGE cookies.

If you are wondering, Rusty and Elizabeth traded a child with Rusty's brother. Aubrey wanted to stay and play with her cousin.

Evie before the total cookie mess.
Pawpaw and Fifi have a cat named Clyde. He loves to sleep in Pawpaw's sock drawer. One night Pawpaw called everyone in to come see 'ole Clyde chilling. John Reagan and Evie thought it was great. Later on that night Evie disappeared. The next thing I know my mom was telling us to come look. This is what we saw.
Everyone has been getting in bed late since the kiddos are a little confused about what is going on. This really is nothing new with John Reagan unfortunately. LATE one night I went to take a bath, and when I came out this is what I found.
I told Greg I was going to start taking my baths like that all the time so he could get the kids to sleep while I relaxed. Lol! I wish!
Visiting Pawcaw & Nana...Evie, Annie, and John Reagan. We have quickly discovered that Evie loves babies as much as John Reagan. This is a good thing since John Reagan has been talking a good bit here lately about his "little brother." He says he wants a brother, not another sister. We are a little scared!
When mom gets in from work, she gives John Reagan and Evie some type of treat every NIGHT! This night they got Tootsie Roll Pops (the small ones). Evie had a good 'ole time sucking on hers while sitting in her belated birthday rocker.
John Reagan wasted no time eating his while doing one of his usual activities...watching the "DV player" (in his words).
John Reagan gets to watch his cartoons in Pawpaw and Fifi's bedroom so Pawpaw can watch his shows on the big TV. Pawpaw decided last night that he needed to nap after supper. He didn't bother John Reagan one bit.
Despite my reluctance and frustration with this move, we have had lots of fun. At least once a week we get a call from Auntie Marla wanting to know if we will come over and let the boys play. Of course Evie gets all up in the mix, and it is going to be an interesting dynamic when she gets a little bigger...lots of fun to watch.
Hope I haven't overloaded you too much. Now I better get to snapping some pictures because I just used them all up on you. Check out our picture site sometime... http://thehasleyhullabaloo.shutterfly.com. If you do get the opportunity and want to look at it, email me so I can send you the password.
Love and Hugs from the Hasley's!

No comments: