Friday, September 18, 2009

Going Green

I know what you are thinking. You are worried that I am about to go on a rant about what we need to do to save our environment. Although I do recycle and believe in doing my part (on some things), you don't have to worry. I will NEVER preach to you on the state of our environment. This is about the state of my plants.
So let me take you back...all the way to May. At John Reagan's birthday party I had an avocado seed in some water rooting and I had the top of a pineapple in water rooting. Two particular friends (you know who you are...lol) thought I might have set the seed and top out trying to mess with them. They didn't believe me when I explained what was going on. I took pictures back in May to show the progress of my plantlings. I thought I had posted the beginning of this process on here but after looking back over the blog apparently did not do that. For some reason at the time I decided it wasn't worthy of the blog.
Enter the middle of the process...the pineapple loves where it currently is. He/She has sprouted big time.
I wish I still had the beginning stage so you could see just how much she has grown.
The avocado seed has sprouted into a little tree. I can't believe it has grown this much since the end of May when it was nothing but a seed with a tiny root coming out of the bottom.
The avocado is a little hard to see. Should have photoshopped it for you, but that is Kristin's specialty, not mine (not yet anyway).

The overall picture.

That is ivy to the left. The avocado is hard to see at the bottom.
I am excited about my plantlings and can't wait to see them fully grown.

A little extra for you...we have arrived at moving weekend. We will be packing the van, or whatever you want to call it, tomorrow and leaving Sunday. How sad! We have found out as of Tuesday morning through a series of things happening with our families that we are needed at home though. It has made this a little easier. We are going to miss all of you Tennesseans greatly and are already looking forward to our first visit back. We love all of you very much.

1 comment:

Kristin Amaro said...

wink, wink....
Ok, I believe it now.

Missing you already!