Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer Fun!

Hi all! This is Brandi here. You know, Brandi Hasley, the keeper of this blog. The one who has been playing the disappearing act for the past 2 1/2 weeks now. Summer time is in full swing in case you haven't noticed with all the heat. In all the busyness, you the readers have been the ones being neglected. Sorry for that! As a result, you are about to experience what is known as "Information Overload." Prepare yourselves because in one quick slip you are about to span the scope of 2 weeks along with some forgotten photos.
To start...I am going against my grain and starting with the most recent photos, which would be today. John Reagan and I went to the zoo with some friends today. We left Evie and Daddy home. We had lots of fun and are very thankful for the invite.
The boys had lots of fun together.

The diving duck! His booty is sticking up under the log...kind of hard to see.
I think climbing/propping up on everything was the most fun for them.
I just love this picture. They were being silly, but it turned out to be so cute!
Here is where the story gets funny! We (as in the fam-Mom, Dad, John Reagan, and Evie) went to the zoo about 2 weeks ago before Daddy had to really dive into some work. We enjoyed the time we had there...until the storm clouds moved in. Everyone filed into the house for the snakes, spiders, frogs, and anything else kept inside. It was so overcrowded. The rain slacked off enough that Greg decided we should make a break for the vehicle. Seeing as how we had only been through half of the zoo, I was almost to the point of begging him to wait out the rain. I kept telling him it wouldn't last long. For some reason he was bent on getting home. The worse of the storm was toward home, so I didn't understand that logic. The rain did stop, and Greg still hasn't heard the end of that one. Anyway, I was thankful I had 2 white shirts on instead of one. That could have been interesting.
Here are the few tidbits we did enjoy.
The Elephants!
John Reagan telling Daddy all about the giraffes.
Evie checking everything but the animals out along with snacking.
One of the storks (I think).
We were headed toward the zebras when we saw the clouds coming. The good news is John Reagan got to see the rest of the zoo animals today. I was happy about that as is Greg I am sure because he no longer has to hear about leaving too early last time. Our first trip to the zoo was on a Tuesday. The Monday after that we decided to head to the greenway here in town to get a good walk in and give John Reagan and Evie some stroller ride time. I think we need to purchase a weather radio for our vehicle because halfway into our walk it started raining on us. Yes, that means twice in one week we got wet very unintentionally. John Reagan and Evie loved the rain. Evie kept sticking her head out of the stroller so she could get wet. It was too funny and too cute!

To finish off our two weeks I wanted to show you a few tidbits of the fun. I don't usually put bath tub pictures on here but couldn't pass this one up. They both had bubble beards; although, you can't really see Evie's.
Evie has discovered that she likes water. The best part about the water to her is sticking her hand in the glass, which would be our glasses. Only Daddy lets her do that. She was having so much fun! You can actually see the top teeth too. She finally got her third bottom tooth in a week ago. We are up to 7 teeth now.
She couldn't hang on any longer.
John Reagan doesn't know how to leave Midnight alone. He follows the cat outside just about every time he goes. He doesn't have a problem getting on Midnight's level no matter where that might be.
I don't remember what was going on here, but I couldn't pass it up. I am pretty sure he is telling me something "very important" though.
John Reagan has discovered the joy of taking pictures. He is always wanting the camera to take pictures all by himself. He is like his Daddy...he isn't going to miss a thing with the camera even if that means 20 pictures in 10 seconds. This picture is from Daddy helping him. I thought it turned out very sweet!
I added these last two in just because I love them. Before the beetles decided to devour my roses, I got a few pictures.

I hope you still have a few brain cells left. I will go ahead and prepare you now...the next blog will come Sunday. We are headed to Louisiana on Tuesday, so you know that means you will get a break for at the least a week. Talk to you Sunday.
Love,
Brandi

No comments: