Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Another...

I am officially halfway through this pregnancy, which means we found out Monday what we are having. The beauty of having a boy and a girl is that I can title this blog something like, "It's Another..." and still not give the secret away. Lol!
I promise I will not torture you any longer. We are having another girl! Yes, you read that right...a girl! Poor John Reagan!
During the ultrasound the doctor said, "Well I can tell you what I think it is!" Miss Priss was being less than cooperative on showing her little girl parts. My response was (somewhat hysterical from thinking of John Reagan), "It looks like a girl!" Of course he agreed, and Greg and I just looked at each other like, "Oh My God! What are we going to tell John Reagan?" I just kept waiting and thinking "please let the boy part show any minute, please!" Needless to say that did not happen.
Moving ahead a few hours...
As soon as we walked in the door John Reagan said, "Is it a brother? Is it a sister?" When I told him it is a sister, he started crying. He said through the tears, "I wanted a brother." He cried for about 5 minutes and somewhat came around to the idea of a sister.
Skipping ahead 2 days...
He has completely warmed up to the idea of another sister; however, he has not let go of the idea of a brother. We had to tell him that after sister gets here and things settle down he can pray for a brother just to get him to settle down. He is much better now.
On our way home from the doctor, I kept patting my tummy and saying to Miss Priss #2, "We do love you," because we were in total shock. John Reagan had convinced us he was having a brother. With everyday that passes we get more and more excited about a little girl. It always gets more personal once we know what we are having and give the baby a name. Now the fun really begins!
As usual, I will leave you with a few snapshots of what has been going on around here.


She is being silly by "acting" like she is laughing.



Sister snuggled up to brother to go to sleep, in Mommy and Daddy's bed of course!
No news on the house deal. We have put in several offers but for different reasons things have not panned out on any of them. Such a story that gets ridiculous at times. I told Greg tonight I am starting to wonder if we are supposed to have a house of our own. It's hard to keep it together when you don't have your own space. I know Greg would insert here that I haven't kept it together. What can I say at this point?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. :)

I wish we could have connected with you guys while we were in Monroe. It was a quick trip and we ended up running around busy the whole time! Seeing lots of our family for the graduations was really special.

Excited for you guys! Let us know when you decide on a name.

Nicole P said...

That is awesome. I guess I just realized that you're preggo too. I'm REALLY hoping my new baby boy will be here soon. They'll induce on the 5th if he's not already here by then.

So, what does your daughter think about having a sister?