Saturday, February 20, 2010

Inquiery

Questions of a 3 year old:
"Is my brother ready for bed in your belly?
Is my brother going to take a bath with you in your belly?
What's my brother doing in your belly?" To which I responded, "Resting and growing!" The reply, "No, I don't think so. I think he's hiding toys in your belly."
Is my brother gonna grow up like me?
Is he gonna be this tall (One hand at the top of his head, the other at his waste)?
When is my brother gonna grow up?
How old is my brother?
Is he this many (holding up 1 finger)?
When my brother gets little will he be this many (still holding up 1 finger)?
When is my brother coming out?


Notice a theme here: John Reagan is adamant about a brother. When we ask him, "What if it's a girl?" he either doesn't respond or says he wants a brother, not a sister. When Pawpaw asked him tonight how he knew it was a brother, he said, "I just know!" He was telling Pawpaw tonight about how he was going to teach his brother to fish and hunt and all kinds of things.
Needless to say, for John Reagan's sake we are hoping for a boy. We would be perfectly happy with a girl but don't want total devastation to hit John Reagan on baby's birthday.

No comments: