Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Big Decision

Are you mad at me yet for making you wait this long on our news?
I had no intention of it taking this long to get back to the blog, but it took a little longer than expected to finalize things. Add in the fact that the blog hasn't been on my mind much here lately, and you the reader get a 3 week vacation. That is if you haven't been pulling your hair out because I teased you.
When I started this blog, it was for the purpose of keeping family in Louisiana updated with what was going on here in The Hasley House. I quickly discovered that very few of those family members took the time to sit down and look at the pictures of the kiddos, much less read what was going on. I was surprised by all the friends who were keeping up with us through the blog. The great thing about a blog is you get to let everyone know about the little things that you would never think of telling them otherwise.
Needless to say, I never dreamed the blog would turn into our life line to Tennessee. We are moving! Not only are we moving, but we are moving 9 hours and 600 miles back to Louisiana. This was not on our radar at all. We were and have always been perfectly content here in Murfreesboro and wanted to raise our children here. However, Greg was offered an opportunity he couldn't turn down, and we will be close to all of our family.
This transition is bittersweet for us because we have the greatest friends anyone could ask for here. Murfreesboro has been our home for 6 years and will always hold a place in our hearts. This is where I have to leave the news at this for a while until I can gather my thoughts and hold back the tears a little more. We love all of you here in Murfreesboro and are going to miss you deeply. Just a note: we have already started discussing our first visit.
As is typical of me, I am leaving you with a few pictures.
Louisiana is where he first layed eyes on her. He had to ride. He loved her!

One evening in July we had some of the prettiest skies. I thought I would share a couple of the pictures we took. Several days in a row the sky looked like this. You could turn from North to South, East to West and get a different view and different selection of colors. We enjoyed sitting outside and taking it all in.

I will do better in the writing department next time.
We love you all,
Brandi

3 comments:

Kristin Amaro said...

I haven't decided if I'm done being mad at you guys yet.

I've been trying to find a way to hire Greg here at Club Amaro, but I can only pay minimum wage. My guess is the gig in LA is a better deal.

We sure have come to love you guys and will miss you. As far as I'm concerned, John Reagan is still in the running for my future son-in-law position. I'm sure this brings great comfort...and even more reason to stay in touch.

k

Anonymous said...

love you guys and will miss you terribly! how convenient for us though that we have fam all over LA too! ;) you can't get away from us! mwwaahhahahahahaha!

Brandi Hasley said...

We would never dream of running away from you Jon and Kelsey. It is okay for us to move to La for the sole purpose that you have family down there, and we can still see you. Otherwise, we would just have to stay put.