Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Days!

Oh yes! My second installment is here tonight. If I don't get this in tonight, I may never get it in. I should have explained the 2 posts in one day in this post because it is the one you will be reading first. But I told you (in the earlier one of course) I am working on low brain steam here. I didn't think that far in advance.
Oh yes! I did FINALLY get family pictures on here too. Yea! Aren't you proud? I am sure you thought they would never get here, but they HAVE arrived. Halelujah!
And oh yes! I have started completely off track. You know that is so unusual for me. So back to it...or I should say...Let's get to it!
We had our first big snow in Tennessee on Thursday. Marla, too bad you don't live up here. You could have had some snow on your anniversary instead of 2 boys and a husband sick. We were all so excited. We ventured out around 3:30-4:00 in the pouring rain to run some errands. Yes, we are crazy! I'm sure you already knew that though. After about 20 minutes, the rain started to turn into sleet. It was only about 34 degrees at the time, so we weren't expecting the snow. To our surprise, the temperature dropped more than 2 degrees in about an hours time. I guess it was around 6:00-6:30 or so, Greg went into the grocery store. It was only snowing a little, but by the time he came out everything was covered in a blanket of snow. John Reagan and I were about to bust out of the vehicle and start playing right there in the Publix parking lot. We refrained ourselves though. Since we aren't morning people in this house, we went ahead and got the camera out Thursday night.
John Reagan was having so much fun just standing in the snow. He didn't even have to play in it to get excited. Nana, where are those gloves you said you bought? We needed them this night.

Man, I could not believe how fast it accumulated.

The snowflakes were so big!

We live on a circle street, and this is the center of our circle. It sure made a pretty picture covered in white.



This picture isn't quite as good. I know I am stating the obvious, but I put it on here to show more snowflakes. Can you tell how excited we were?



Max had a blast running around in it. We did have to coax him out there at first. Max can be a baby sometimes about the cold weather. He prefers the garage in the winter. Duchess usually ventures out in the snow and plays around in it, but she decided that it was too cold. She likes to go out in the day time, so she missed out on her blog time.

Some family snow pictures for good measure. Since I have been so behind recently, I thought I might get to put some snowy pictures on our Christmas cards this year, but I liked the ones I had already planned for better.

John Reagan cracks me up!
John Reagan is so excited in the mornings when Evie wakes up. He loves to get in her face and talk to her saying, "Good mornin' sister." It is so cute! He has been on this kick here lately where he has been wanting to hold Evie again. She is as big as his lap now, so we usually just sit her right beside him. That seems to make him happy enough.
John Reagan has already had a sucker! Can you tell by the blue tongue?

I figured I would put the full body shot on here to give you an idea of the ever shrinking lap space. I sure hope John Reagan is always this loving with Evie. He is already a good big brother, but if he keeps this up, he is going to be an excellent big brother, especially for mommy and daddy when the boys start coming around.

Since you have waited so long for the family pictures, I decided to put a couple of extra on here. We have lots of really good ones, but some are not in the right format. Seeing as how I am running on low steam and it is late, I didn't want to tackle that situation. So you only get these 2 extras.

This will probably be my last blog for 2008! We will be leaving Saturday for Christmas in Louisiana, and blogging down there with that internet connection...NO WAY! Unless something EXTREMELY (and I mean extremely) exciting happens between now and Saturday, I will not be posting. But hey, with the way things have been going here lately, I wouldn't put it past us just yet. So, here is my final 2008 greeting to you (unless I see you in person before the new year)...hope your holidays are merry and bright. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I should have put this in the previous blog since you will most likely be reading it last, but hey! What can I say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, can't believe we missed that kind of snow! cute family pics... have fun in LA!!